Dell EMC is seeking a Software Engineer to help accelerate our growing Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) business. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Dell EMCs HCI solutions and purpose built solutions directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. In this position, you will work with HCI Engineering teams, Server Development teams, and partners to define, develop and refine management software for HCI solution offerings that automates deployment, lifecycle management, and daily workflows.
- Design and develop software components in C++ and Java to enable manageability, serviceability and deployment for our HCI and purpose built solution offerings
- Obtain in-depth understanding of internal and external partner software stacks and common workflows to enable integration with Dell EMC product offerings
- Interface with QA teams to plan test coverage and drive defect resolution.
- Consult with internal Engineering teams on software integration into Dell EMC HCI products and purpose built solutions
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 4+ years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of scale out storage technologies including NAS, iSCSI, Object Storage and HCI SDS solutions.
- Strong software design and programming experience.
- Experience in system software design using C++ and Java
- Strong debugging skills.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience developing/debugging applications for ESXi and system administration skills
- Experience developing/debugging Windows applications and system administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong scripting knowledge (PowerShell and/or Python)
- Knowledge of JIRA.
- Knowledge of shared and share-nothing storage architectures and Software Defined Storage solutions is highly desirable