Samsung is a world leader in Memory, LCD and System LSI technologies. We are currently looking for exceptional software and hardware talent to join our Samsung Austin R & D Center (SARC) in Austin, TX and our Advanced Computing Lab (ACL) in San Jose, CA. SARC was established in Austin, TX in 2010 to be one of Samsung’s strategic investments in high-performance low power ARM based device technology. Our CPU design teams develop IP for Samsung mobile products and their Application Processor (AP). Our GPU design teams, located in Austin (SARC) and San Jose (ACL), are developing a custom GPU that will be deployed in Samsung mobile products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement world-class JIT compiler for new Samsung GPU architecture targeting OpenGL-ES and OpenCL. Architect IR and global JIT infrastructure.
- Select and implement a set of relevant optimizations, both at machine specific and machine independent levels, determine and implement code generation strategies (adaptive compilation, run-time feedback)
- Work closely with the driver team to integrate JIT into driver infrastructure and determine compilation strategies for good performance and low power
- Work closely with GPU architecture team to provide timely input on ISA and various architectural design decisions
- Determine compiler testing strategies, both for unit test and application levels. Interact with the driver team to have a unified testing approach
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with an MS/Ph.D. CS/EE/Applied math or relevant field
- Strong software design/engineering skills in C, C++ with excellent debugging skills
- Performance analysis
- Good communication skills, strong teamwork
- Understanding of debug support
- Working knowledge of compiler technology