Tesla is committed to having industry-leading uptime in our deployed fleet of charging equipment, and we are using the data collected from our connected systems to proactively find problems. The Tesla Energy Product team is looking to hire a Sr. Product Engineer to identify and root cause design, process, or firmware failures in our suite of charging products. You will be leading the effort to diagnose, troubleshoot, document and train our support teams to ensure our customers have the best possible experience.
- Troubleshoot and root cause failures for product field failures and lead cross-functional project management effort to drive necessary actions with manufacturing, design, field service, customer and technical support teams and other relevant teams
- Work with the engineering and manufacturing teams to drive design and manufacturing changes to improve product quality in both existing and future products
- Provide support on escalated customer cases in order to minimize system downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Work with field service and technical support teams to create documentation and training to support field commissioning and service actions and ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
- BS in computer or electrical engineering with 5 years of experience or MS degree with 3 years of experience in product development, reliability engineering, failure analysis, systems test engineering, or product quality engineering
- Proven cross-functional leadership and collaborative skills
- Strong engineering fundamentals and intuition, applied to firmware/software-enabled systems
- Strong prior experience troubleshooting electrical, system, firmware, or process failure modes
- Excellent oral, written communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience using Python, C/C++ or equivalent
- Experience with EV charging standards