How would you like to have the opportunity to be part of a newly launched AWS service, GlobalAccelerator? We are looking for an exceptional software engineers to be part of a world class team and own the design and development.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running a highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and have deep experience defining new technical products from ambiguous requirements. For this role in particular, delivering core systems or kernel components in C/C++, programming with multithreaded concurrent processing, experience defining and running hardware qualification and performance testing, and building network technologies particularly valued, as is experience delivering embedded systems and/or large-scale automation systems.
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design, deep packet analysis, have outstanding analytical skills and excellent communication. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- 3+ years of software development experience, preferably working on highly available software systems
- Bachelor's degree in technology
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C++, including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Master's degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
- Proficient with web services, online technologies, networking and low-level kernel development
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
- Designed and built high throughput networking systems, cache coherency algorithms, or eventually consistent systems
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations