Unity Labs’ Authoring Tools Group makes tools for augmented and virtual reality developers. Alongside a team of awesome developers, you’ll be responsible for helping to build out MARS, the Mixed and Augmented Reality Studio (MARS). In particular, you’ll be focusing on the backend, data systems, and the simulation view of our Unity extension. This is a new specialized view that lets our developers test against simulated real-world data directly in the editor, so that they can make apps that can robustly run in the real world.
This feature, and role, are a key part of Unity’s goal to be the best possible realtime tool for all kinds of 3D creation. You’ll be helping to define and improve quick iteration and world simulation for augmented reality tools today, and spatial computing over the next decades.
Labs’ Authoring Tools Group is a diverse team of passionate XR developers and thinkers. We care deeply about helping developers be able to make apps that can truly run in the real world. In joining the team, you’ll be helping to move the entire industry forward towards real ubiquitous spatial computing.
This role may involve some amount of travel to other offices, though we are happy to work with your schedule and responsibilities. Additionally, this role is a product development role, not a prototyping or research position.
- Maintain and improve the MARS simulation view feature
- Work with the integrations lead, frontend lead, and data lead to ensure that the simulation view works with all kinds of data
- Figure out and implement new use cases for the simulation view and work with partners who are defining semantic and other types of labels for their sensor-driven datasets
- Work with the entire engineering team to surface sim view features in the editor
- Unity experience required, either as a user or an extensions developer
- Demonstrated interest in XR, either through professional experience or personal projects
- Familiarity or professional experience in C#, and C++
- Experience shipping and maintaining real products
- A true passion for, and enjoyment of spatial computing. The entire team is united in our shared interest for the future of human-computer interaction and how XR can help
- Related, mixed reality development, personal or professional, is a significant bonus
- Speaking experience is useful as we often give talks across Labs, both internally and externally
- Experience with demos and prototyping is a plus