Office 365 is growing at an incredible pace. It is the fastest growing business in Microsoft’s history. For instance, in Exchange we are currently running a planet level scaled service with 450+ million mailboxes in our datacenters around the globe, and doubling the number of users every six months. We use the same infrastructure to power our consumer e-mail (Outlook.com), provisioning 1 million mailboxes a day. We are expanding in both global presence and customer satisfaction in the cloud. At the core of it lies Office 365 Foundations Engineering team, assembled to support the most critical components of the business - authentication, security and access control, scale, tenant provisioning, manageability and directory APIs for building Substrate apps, monitoring and alerting, customer satisfaction, compliance, deployment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances
The Foundation team needs the best and brightest to help take our service to the next level and beyond-four to five 9's availability, rapid growth, autonomic recovery, incredible global scale, ambitious attach strategies and business models, scenarios spanning on-premise to cloud co-existence and future architecture investments.
Our team owns:
- Business mailbox and tenant provisioning/sync pipeline that provides a reliable, scalable and fault-tolerant provisioning service that syncs ~1.4 Billion changes a month and management interface used today to serve ~7Brequests/commands per month.,
- Directory access REST API (DSAPI) that provides a distributed cache access to directory content serving O(100B) requests/day and
- Tenant settings store that provides single digit milliseconds read latency and single digit minutes freshness guarantees.
We are looking for a talented engineer to join the team, one who is passionate and has strong desire to work on worldwide-scale cloud services.
Responsibilities include feature definition, design, and hands-on development of core Foundations infrastructure.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing, developing and debugging engineering solutions for shipped software or scalable services
- Software development skills with fluency in C# or C++ or other object oriented programming languages
- Strong design and development skills and experience with distributed and highly scalable systems
- Experience in building services at Microsoft or externally is highly desired but not required.
- Will need to drive the right solutions to complex problems
- Proven software design and architecture skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- BS/BA in computer science, or equivalent in related technical experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.