At MongoDB we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. MongoDB on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on MongoDB in their apps.
As an iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of SDK for Apple platforms, with a focus on iOS. We are looking for a person who is a self-starter, enjoys both planned and interrupt-driven work schedules, and has a laser focus on ensuring a great developer experience. You will be based in Dublin and will be working closely with other iOS developers in San Francisco and New York.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 3 - 5 years of experience building real-time native iOS applications
- Have strong proficiency in Swift, Objective-C and the iOS development ecosystem as a whole.
- Have a thorough understanding of the iOS platform, including different device capabilities, battery life, and performance
- Have experience with C++ (ideally worked professionally with C++ before switching to iOS)
- Have a strong interest in building libraries for other developers (and checking quality of your work with test automation)
- Have a love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Be an effective communicator, engineer, and problem solver
- Bonus -able to read and understand C++ (ideally worked professionally with C++ before switching to iOS)
- Design, build and maintain Realm iOS SDK
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organization
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly, communicate challenges or roadblocks
The Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the MongoDB SDKs and Sync code base
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with a geographically distributed team