Unity Technologies offers a highly technical and product guided work environment, where amazing people from all over the world are entrusted to find smart solutions for hard problems. The Graphics Foundation team is the Core Graphics group responsible for building the future of low level graphics at Unity. We are light on process and dedicated to quality. We prefer enthusiasm and personal initiative over management and control.
Joining the Graphics Foundation team means not just helping to build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to advance some of the most innovative technologies in the world.
You would be working on performance-critical, cross-platform applications so you need to understand the importance of writing fast, portable and maintainable code. You will also work with Mesh rendering pipelines (data import through to skinning and rendering) as well as developing systems with a focus on data oriented design. If you are also looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
To see some amazing examples of Unity real-time graphics explore some samples from our projects: Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), the Spaceship Demo, and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo.
- Collaborate with Unity R&D teams across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements related to the advancement of core unity graphics development
- Create all new and extend/maintain existing low level modern graphics pipelines
- Work on performance optimization to enable developers to ship the best games possible
- Work on mesh, skinning, and data translation pipelines within Unity
- Experience with low level graphics APIs (DirectX/OpenGL/equivalent)
- Knowledge in low level C++/C skills
- Extensive graphics programming experience
- Cross-platform development experience
- You are performance-minded, methodical and investigative in your development
- Knowledge of modern graphics APIs (DX12/Vulkan/Metal)
- Multi-threaded programming skills
- C# development experience
- Experience using Unity's engine and tools