Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
The BACI EM team will be responsible for the development, support and testing of the key EM quartz based trade platform. The successful candidate will be involved in the development of the next generation trade capture and work flow management system for the Emerging Markets business. Python is the language of choice (Quartz) but we will consider candidates with experience of any object orientated or functional language. The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of the software development life cycle and will have daily interaction with development teams across the globe.
The successful candidate will work closely with the desk users and application stakeholders. He/She needs to be hands-on and be able to perform within a busy and high pressure environment.
- Hands on design and development in required technologies
- End to end development responsibilities
- Provide quick technology solutions
- Ability to reverse engineered the code
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Interact and collaborate with global technology teams
- Responsible to handle user requests and production issues
- Open to learn and adopt new frameworks and technologies
- Flawless and on time project delivery
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Familiarity with at least one of the following - Python/ Core Java/ C++.
- 4-8 years of experience
- Mandatory skills
Strong in Oops fundamentals
- Hands on experience in Python/ Core Java/ C++ Development
- Strong in basic data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Exposure in handling large projects/code base
- Knowledge and Work experience in UNIX, Shell Scripting (preferred)
- Working knowledge on any scripting/dynamic language: like python, perl etc. (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of both fixed income products (Bonds, rates, fx), market data, Financial Risks and PnL
- Must be a self-starter, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to functional programming concepts
- Exposure to Multithreading
- Certifications on Domain / Programming (CFA, FRM, SCJP etc.)
- Work experience in Finance Domain (IB exposure)
- Experience with Release Process Management
- Experience in front office development and support a plus