Principal/Architect - Software Engineer - Mobile C++
San Francisco, California / Bellevue, Washington, USA
23 Jan 2020
The Salesforce Mobile Field Service Applications team has immediate opportunities for extremely talented senior engineers who are passionate about software development. This is a hands-on role developing a cutting edge mobile iOS/Android application to meet the business needs of our clients. You should have a passion for innovation, and be a hard-working, results-oriented software engineer who can communicate effectively and work with a team of developers in large-scale enterprise-class software. For this particular role, we are looking for engineers with experience in C++ who would work on the shared cross platform engine that powers the Field Service Mobile apps and is developed in C++.
You will be working with a team of world-class engineers, designers and product managers to build the breakthrough features for our mobile iOS/Android application and SDK that our customers will love, adopt, and use, while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience building and delivering highly scalable, reliable, and complex software systems on-time and on budget
- A commitment to writing quality code including writing Unit and functional test automation
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- An eagerness to learn new things and to help others do the same
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Strong customer relations/customer management skills
- Ability to lead development teams - only for lead positions
- 8+ years professional software development experience
- 6+ years professional experience with C++
- Open Source Contributions are a plus
- Experience building SDKs for iOS or for Android, or shared objects with C++
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Master's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- C++ development experience is a must.
- C++ experience building high scale systems is desirable.