From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Software Design Engineer to join our MRX Mobility team, based in our West Perth office.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, you will be involved in every aspect of the project development lifecycle from feasibility to support and maintenance of all products.
Focus will primarily be on:
- data acquisition and analysis,
- utilising leading-edge technologies in the areas of high speed image capture,
- advanced vision processing algorithms,
- high performance computing and networking,
- laser and magnetic-based imaging.
Opportunities exist for more experienced candidates to lead small development teams and mentor other engineers.
Skills & Experience
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and details-oriented engineers with a desire to see their work featured in deployed systems.
- Degree in Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent relevant commercial experience (preference given to those with degrees in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics, Maths, higher degrees by research)
- Demonstrably strong OO understanding and experience in C++ and Python (other experience will be considered, but must demonstrate ability and desire to learn)
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation (such as requirements, design and testing procedures)
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- Experience and understanding of the full software development lifecycle, with experience in both classic and modern iterative software development techniques desirable
- Highly motivated, good organisational skills, excellent communication skills
- the development of software for embedded and real time applications
- the collection, organisation, manipulation and analysis of large amounts of data acquired from measurement systems
- Ruby on Rails, PHP, SQL
- image processing
- writing software for communications over TCP/IP, UDP and serial ports to software and hardware
- interfacing software with hardware devices such as GPS receivers, DIO cards, cameras, DAQ and microcontrollers
- working within a strict quality management system
- commissioning and troubleshooting site installations
- systems and network administration
Benefits & Culture – Including, but not limited to:
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Relaxed office culture
- Close to major public transport options
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services