Are you someone who likes a challenge and is willing to explore an emerging area of Risk Control? We are looking to hire someone who can:
- contribute to the definition and extension of model validation practices to the new area of algorithmic and electronic trading models, focusing on Equities for Equity Algo;
- perform independent reviews of Equities Algo/eTrading models;
- provide an expert assessment of, and contribute to the testing framework for algo/e-trading models, ensuring that new and changed algos will not have a negative impact on the markets, our clients and UBS;
- provide an expert assessment of, and contribute to the monitoring of the performance of trading algorithms versus their intended aims;
- work closely with algo trading quants, IT, market risk control, and trading.
The team will be part of the Model Risk Management & Control Risk Models function in London and you will work closely with Algo/eTrading stakeholders including quants, IT developers and traders as well as other control functions. The mandate includes model validation, control, and governance activities: model validation and periodic review; risk rating of models; model performance review; front-to-back model governance and controls. The objective is to ensure that models are used appropriately in the business context and that model users are aware of the models' strengths and limitations impacting their decisions.
- a Master's or PhD degree in computer science/data science, statistics, financial mathematics/financial engineering, mathematics, physics, etc
- Previous experience (more than 7 years) in relevant Equity execution Algo/eTrading models, from a quant development , technology, trading or model validation perspective (for equity Algo, preferably in Equities) is an added advantage,
- Alternatively, previous experiences (more than 7 years) as developers in IT/Tech Firms, or as Risk/Compliance/Audit for Algo trading in Financial institutions are welcomed to apply,
- strong coding skills (preferably Python, R, Java, or C++)
- strong English communication skills and strong ability to explain (technical) topics clearly and intuitively,
- co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself