This role is an excellent opportunity to work in the field of autonomous vehicle/autonomous driving (AV/AD) system architectures using advanced Arm IP. We are looking for a strong AV/AD software architect with ability to lead technical research and development of an autonomous driving application software.
About the role
Arm is developing a broad portfolio of technologies, suitable for use in the autonomous vehicle/autonomous driving application space. To do this we need talented, innovative and motivated engineers to join our global team. At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies and government organizations as we build sector-leading solutions and products from our IP. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference.
Collaborations will include domain experts in machine learning, computer vision, functional safety, and more. This is an opportunity to build from your experience, yet challenge the status quo and ultimately define the exciting future of autonomous driving.
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field required
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Machine Learning, C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience with machine learning approaches to autonomous vehicle perception, planning, and decision making
- Experience with radar-, lidar-, and camera-based sensors systems, sensor fusion, computer vision
- Experience with runtime software environments to support heterogeneous processor systems
- Experience with MATLAB, mathematical modeling, software/hardware co-design
- Experience with software development of automotive autonomous drive systems highly desired
- Experience with safety-critical software development for automotive vehicle, robotics, or related products desirable
- Some international travel may be required
- Strong problem solving skills with aptitude to learn and collaborate
- Strong communication and social skills