The System Engineer will fulfill a technology engineering architect role focused on the firmware aspects of future technologies within the Commercial PC organization. During the product planning and development phase the engineer is expected to identify, design and evaluate future technologies that provide innovative solutions and differentiates the platform from competing products.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the organization.
- Engage with all stakeholders and provide recommendations based on the feature set, cost and availability of innovations and new technologies
- Provide inputs for vendor selection for approved innovations
- Provide requirements for approved innovations within the component RFQ process.
- Work closely with HW design team to ensure designs meet FW requirements.
- Review schematics and ensure hardware compatibility of new technologies
- Provide technical consulting during the product development phase in terms of issue debugging and alternative solutions
- Manage and expand relationships with internal and outsourced development partners.
- Review and evaluate innovations, technologies and designs for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards
- Provide tangible feedback to improve viability and mitigate failure risk.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Experience with Windows OS (Windows x86, Windows x64 and/or Windows ARM)
- Experience in overall architecture of software, firmware and hardware systems for products and solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to review hardware schematics and familiar with driver design requirements
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.