What You'll Do:
You will explore, design and implement one of the best in class technologies on top of Cisco’s network devices to perform traffic analysis, recognition and analytics generation.
The development work focuses on real-time processing of traffic sessions as well as the implementation of software components running under various constraints for the IOT and access segment networks.
You will have to utilize different engineering skills to design real-time code which performs complex analysis of high rate traffic. You will take into consideration aspects of performance, capacity and latency and develop code which can run safely cross different architectures.
Your work includes working with various tools to analyze network traffic as well as how your code operates under different network conditions and use-cases.
The technology developed by the team is a core function in different Cisco solutions, such as Security and SD-WAN which are based on real-time application recognition.
Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working at Cisco Application Recognition team, which has one simple goal in mind: to transform the network to be application aware.
From that initial goal, we've built out a highly efficient and powerful traffic inspection agent as well as a scalable and sophisticated analytics function.
Supported by our research and analytics tools, we allow organizations to apply analytics and application based policies for their sensitive business traffic as well as vast variety of cloud applications such as Office 365, Salesforce, Dropbox and other third party applications.
Cisco Application Recognition team enables thousands of enterprise networks to perform application aware decisions, affecting millions of users.
You will collaborate with peer analysts, and algorithm engineers all working to unlock the value hidden in our unique datasets to provide new ways to understand how applications behave and classify.
You will also work with marketing, sales and directly facing customers – to help deliver this value to our customers and the community.
Who You Are?
The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component. Have the skills to design, build and lead software features.
At minimum, we expect you to have:
- 2-5 yrs of related experience in development of real-time software
- 2-5 yrs experience in C/C++
- Team player, proactive and productive, with strong background in computer science. Highly dedicated and motivated person.
- Background in standard networking theories, concepts, and techniques
- Very good logic and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to study new material quickly and independently
- Ability to ''dive'' into a complex existing code
- Excellent English
- Good verbal and writing communication
- Experience in DPI (Deep Packet Inspection)
- Experience in NFV/SDN technologies.
- Experience with Python development
- 2 years or more of experience in Linux development